The Chatbot Advantage™ – Using Messenger Bots to Drive Page 1 Rankings and Sales with Paul Harvey
February 07, 2019 11:37 am
How you can use Facebook Messenger chatbots to get better results than you would with the really painful sales funnels.
A little while ago, I spoke to Paul Harvey about how to drive sales in your Amazon business.
He is the man to talk to about using chatbots to improve your sales funnels. Better yet, his techniques can help you to avoid spending loads of money on expensive ads and discounts that aren’t getting results.
Here’s what I found out.
What Sort of Results Are We Talking About?
Paul says that he spent £150 on his last campaign and ended up with 525 bot subscribers.
These are people who’ve messaged the bot and that the bot can now talk to freely.
From that, he made 161 sales at a price point of between 30% and 80% off.
He has other success stories too. One of his clients spent £35 and got 167 bot subscribers. That client sold 150 units and moved their listing from page eleven all the way to page 3.
That just goes to show how effective Facebook Messenger is.
How Do You Do It?
I’m going to cover the three key steps that Paul shared with me:
- Why you should use Messenger.
- The old way of using Facebook Ads to drive business.
- The little tweaks you’ll make to become a marketing genius.
Paul does mention that the results he shares aren’t typical. In fact, he claims that many people just take the information in and don’t put it into practice.
You’re not one of those people.
I’m here to help you make the most out of all of the information I’m about to share here.
With that said, let’s jump into Step 1.
Step #1 – Why Facebook Messenger?
Messenger is one of the most powerful assets in your business.
Think of it like this. What if you had a system for running product launches without having to use high-volume discounts?
What if you could automate everything and just sit back while it snowballs?
That’s what Facebook Messenger with chat bots can help you do. Right now, these messages have an 80% success rate from over 1.5 billion active users.
Despite this, only 300,000 of the 6 million businesses on Facebook use Messenger.
This means that you have a huge opportunity ahead of you. Perhaps by implementing this strategy, you’ll be able to get the jump on your competition.
Also, Paul says that Facebook will eventually become the main way that you communicate with customers.
It makes sense.
Facebook wants you to achieve loads of sales from platforms like Amazon, Etsy, and eBay. And they’re investing into Messenger to help you make that happen.
So if you have an engaged subscriber list, Messenger and Messenger Bots may be able to help you sell more.
This new platform doesn’t require hours and hours of your time to learn. And the best part is that Messenger is still in its infancy as a marketing tool.
Step #2 – The Old Way of Doing Things
There’s a standard way of doing things when someone launches a product on Amazon.
They build themselves a landing page that links to the new product.
Then, they build a Facebook Ad campaign that pushes people to the landing page.
People enter their email address and get a coupon, which they use to get a discount on the product.
And it works really well.
But I can help you make this strategy even more effect. And to do that, we need to tackle the things that don’t work so well with this strategy.
Paul tells me that he finds that he doesn’t have the time to send emails to all of the people who send details to him. You may have the same issue.
With so much on your plate, it gets really difficult to send out emails to all of the people who’ve sent their details over to you.
Also, emails just don’t have high open rates.
Since marketers jumped on them in the 1990s, people have become wary of all of the stuff that gets sent to them.
That means they may only give you their email address to get their hands on a coupon.
And that means you don’t have an engaged customer who’s going to care about your future products.
Step #3 – The Little Tweaks
Remember I told you that Messenger has an 80% open rate?
This is where I’m going to help you to make a couple of little tweaks that will give your marketing campaigns a huge boost.
You’re not making a lot of changes here. You still have the Facebook Ad that sends someone to a landing page. But when they hit that landing page, they trigger the Messenger chatbot.
And it’s that chatbot that sends them to the Amazon listing.
Why send them to a landing page first?
There are two reasons. Firstly, it’s a lot cheaper to send people to a landing page than to go straight to your Messenger chatbot. Clicks cost less than Messenger replies.
That means less money going out of your pocket.
Secondly, a landing page filters out your window shoppers. They won’t interact with the bots on the landing page. So you’ve spent less on the click than you would have on the Messenger interaction that wouldn’t go anywhere.
Once you’ve got your chatbot set up, it’s just a case of optimising your ads:
- Try to target the specific niche that will have interest in the product. If you’re selling baby blankets, you may want to target mothers and maybe grandmothers.
- Consider looking for people who like Amazon and have a history of clicking on Amazon products.
- Consider sticking to mobile ad placement. Mobile has more traffic, which means you get your ad in front of more people.
- You should probably set your ads so they only appear on Facebook news feeds. That means that people have to scroll past them!
- Perhaps you can try sticking to a daily budget rather than a lifetime one. This encourages Facebook to optimise the ad and keeps your spending under control.
And it’s really that simple.
With those little tweaks, you can build a campaign that engages more people. You’re still using a lot of the old techniques that you’re familiar with.
You’re just leveraging the power of chatbots to make more sales and to communicate with customers.
What Happens Next?
This content was created from a workshop I ran with Paul, The Chatbot AdvantageTM. Paul absolutely smashed it and delivered a tonne of gold. If you wanna learn more about Seller Chat Bots (Paul’s software for Amazon sellers) you can check it out here.
P.S. When you are ready, there are 4 more ways we can help you.
1. Get access to ‘The Ultimate Cheat Sheet for Creating a Well Oiled Product Launch Machine.’ It shows you how to launch products fast, get stuff off your plate & get organised. It’s FREE and you can grab it HERE.
2. Join our Group – ‘Email Marketing for Amazon & eCommerce’. It’s our community where biz owners learn to get stuff off their plates, get organised and unlock cash flow in their email lists while building a real relationship with their audience.
3. If you’re looking for a Rockstar Graphic Designer who can totally revamp your product images digitally, we can help. He’s been with us 4 years and is incredible at creating powerful images that grab attention in the Amazon search results…to convert more lookers to paying customers…helping you build momentum, improve rankings and grow profits…Don’t take our word for it. Click here to see what others are saying.
4. Apply for our ‘Done For You’ Email Marketing Agency. I’m working closely with 7/8 figure brands to and turn their email lists into thriving profit centres by driving sales on and off Amazon. We’re driving page 1 rankings, 5 star reviews and long term value of your customers…Without this being an additional expense. (Pay As You Profit).
If you’d like to work privately with me to unlock cash flow stuck in your email list while building a real relationship with your audience, then just comment “Done For Me”.